Some times it is necessary to restrict access to local drive to some users, hence it can be achieved by following below steps…
1. Open My Computer
2. Click on Tools, Folder Options
3. Click on the view tab
4. Scroll down the list of advanced settings until you get to an option called use simple file sharing. Click to uncheck that box, then click on OK.
5. Right-click on the drive you want to limit access to, then click on properties
6. Click on the security tab.
7. Remove everyone from the group or user names list that you don’t want to access the drive.
Click apply and Ok.
Then the users present in user list can only access that drive.
Be careful with security settings…